Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Crash is All Relative


Watching American Idol, almost ready to crash for the night. It was a long day of commuting through a blizzard that was definitely oversold on the weather reports but was fatiguing nonetheless. It was the first day in a long time that I almost didn't run or work out.



This morning I awoke 15 minutes later than usual, sorely tempted to take my first day off in months. It was a rough weekend; ten kilometres of ice skating every day, 10 and 20 kilometres of running through greasy snow on top of that, and twelve hour days of standing at the motorcycle show booth answering insurance questions which can be less than inspiring. It gets challenging to keep it fresh, to stay enthused.



So this morning I compromised, went to the gym even though it's only been two days since the last gym workout. Oh well. If that's the extent of my crash, I think I can live with it. Keep on giving it all you've got and you won't be disappointed, because someday you won't have as much to give.

No comments: